Sunday, November 14, 2010

First day in Kenya

My first day in Kenya was much as I would expect for an exotic country -

my flight to nairobi arrived late, my experience in nairobi airport was chaotic, and I am guessing that the place where i'm staying tonight will have loud hip-hop and reggae music until the early hours of the morning because some people nearby are celebrating a funeral (and I don't think they'll be interested in the fact that I didn't get any sleep in the plane last night!)

I would be disappointed if things were any more orderly! lol

I have not yet arrived in Ondati village because of the delays to my arrival. Jamie (who is my contact in the school) has a contact in Kisumu who put her up for the night and is happy to have us stay tonight as well. Which is most kind of her. I'm expecting to get there tomorrow, when I will meet the family I will be living with.

Jamie has kindly let me use her computer today - not sure how I will work out future blogging - not sure how much blogging will be possible in future because of power issues in the village. We'll see...








No comments:

Post a Comment